Basic Heights awareness Course
This course commences when you book!
Important Course Notes below flow chart.
Book in for your course - Payment required as we book quickly
(Best Priced and Best Quality course in WA!)
Fee includes training and assessment
Access your materials - will be sent to you immediately on booking. Read your materials and complete your Student Workbook (MUST do the questions BEFORE you attend). This may take up to 10 hours (3-10 hours) depending on your experience and your Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skill level (refer to our website)
Attend for HALF Day of Training (8:30am until around 1:00pm).
Your trainer will provide you with the required training to get your competency. If required (language, or learning support required) you may have to attend for another half day training session (fees will apply)
Receive your Statement of Attainment for the unit RIIWHS204D on the day!
Receive your wallet-sized card
Need further information - simply contact us on 9344 1704. Please also refer to full course information on website, Terms and Conditions.
- Undertake some reading, complete some questions (Pre-attendance work) at home, and bring in your completed work on the date of your course.
- Pre-attendance work may take between 3 to 10 hours (depending on Language, Literacy and Numeracy level, past experience and other factors)
- 1/2 day of attendance at our custom designed training facility for theory and practical training.
- This course is suitable for beginners (new entrants) and experienced persons who have not received formal training (and do not hold the qualification).
- PCBU’s (employers and those who are responsible as per the law) must ensure that workers are adequately trained and competent to work at heights. This course provides the basic awareness, skills and knowledge to work safely at heights. PCBU’s may provide further training to complement this training to ensure your safety in specific workplaces.
Language Literacy and Numeracy Requirements: Learners must have a good understanding of English as this option includes less direct training by your trainer.
For example, learners must be able to read and understand the learner guide issued on booking and complete the pre-attendance questions PRIOR to attending for their training. Please refer to “Important Language Literacy and Numeracy Requirement information” found on our website or contact us for further information.
Training Information: Includes both theory and practical component over 1/2 day.
Assessment Information: During the 1/2 day training - You will be assessed throughout and at the end of the training component of the course to determine if you have the skills and knowledge required to attain this competency. Most people attain their unit and card in the time allocated. If you have special learning needs, or need more time then we have further training options (fees may apply).
Course Duration: Your course starts when you book! You will gain access to learning resources that you will need to read and try to understand. The purpose is to allow you to become familiar with some of the course content and to allow you to better understand the contents of your training when you arrive. This course has a nominal duration of approximately 20 hours (includes pre-attendance study of 3-10 hours and completion of workbook for a new entrant and beginner)